Want to Preserve Your Wedding Dress? Here Are Hints on How to Find the Right Company
There can be many significant things during your wedding day, but your wedding dress is probably one you want to last for a long time. Fortunately, there are ways on how to protect and preserve your gown. This you can do so you can give your gown to your little girls in the future. Different brides may have different reasons for their wedding dress preservation. Regardless of your own personal reason, it is very essential that you find the right company to keep and preserve your dress.
It is very essential that you find a preservation company that are experienced in cleaning formal clothes such as wedding outfits and dresses. The proper way of cleaning your gown is the first step towards preserving your outfit. That is why, you have to be extra careful in picking the cleaners of your wedding dress. To help you decide which preservation company to trust, below are the different things you must inform yourself.
1. The cost of preservation. You might find companies who charge at an average cost, however this can fluctuate according on the methods and services you use to preserve your dress. Many brides have bought wedding gown protection only to find out that it’s just a do-it-yourself box or tissue paper. Basically, companies charge from $120-$150. If there are extra services you get to ensure your wedding gown is properly preserved, then you will pay more than that. With wide research, you’ll find retailers who charge at sensible costs.
2. The specific procedures used to remove stains. It is very essential for you to find a company who has are experts in preserving wedding gown and use safe and effective procedure to perform their responsibilities. Look for a company who can hand cleaned the sew and bodice of the dress. These zones are usually get the most dirt and stain. The bodice can be covered with make-up, body oil stains, and antiperspirant. On the other hand, the hem ca be darkened with soil. These areas require exceptional consideration when cleaning. Stains should be carefully expelled by the experts. Ask the company how they recognize stains and if they hand cleaned them.
3. Your wedding gown should be cleaned separately. Many dry cleaners will just toss your gown with the other clothes. This means that your dress might be mixed with suits, shirts, and even colored items. To ensure that your dress is not damaged with other dresses, make sure the company cleans it individually.
4. The kind of cleaning solution used in cleaning your gown. Some solutions can be extremely poisonous and destructive to the environment. These solutions might create damages on the fragile texture of your wedding dress. Ask the company of the specific solution they use. Make sure that they uses something that is safe for your dress. Of course, you don’t want your dress to be damaged just because of the wrong solution.
5. The preservation box they use. After properly cleaning your gown, your next concern is the preservation box to where it is kept. Aside from that, make sure that the box is properly sealed. If not, dampness might get into the box which can harm your dress’ texture in the process of time. In addition, creepy crawlies might get into the box damaging your dress. So, make sure to choose a company who properly seals the preservation box.